"Wow, this is cool! I wish you would update more often."
This is a pretty common reaction to Argon Zark! .
As you might be able to tell, Argon Zark! is a labor of love. If I could, I would rather work on the comic than almost anything else, but I obviously don't have that luxury. I have to spend most of my time on work that helps pay the bills.
If you'd like to help support Argon Zark!, and allow me to devote more time to creating new pages, here are some things you can do:
- Buy the hard copy
- Not only do you get a pretty cool book, you get access to The Zarkive, containing unpublished comics and other weird stuff.
- Buy an Argon Zark! T-shirt or mousepad.
- You get cool stuff, get to confuse your friends and get access to the Zarkive.
- Use this link to shop at Amazon.com
- It links to Amazon through their affiliate program so that a small percentage of their profit is returned to me for having referred you to their store.
- Use the links provided to shop at Amazon
- for any of the books I recommend on the Books I Use page, or any of the software I recommend on the Tools I Use page.
- Help promote Argon Zark!
- The more popular the site becomes, the more chance there is of other people helping to support it.
- Post a review of the book on Amazon.com
- If you have the book, it would be helpful to add your comments to those on the Amazon site to let others know that you liked it. Go to the listing for the book and click on "Write a Review" under "Product Details"
- Tell your friends about Argon Zark!
- and your cousin and your brother and the guy in the computer store...
- Tell everybody
- Tell your favorite blog writer, online magazines, review sites, award sites, newsgroups, and wherever else you can think of. Tell your local newspaper about Zark! and online comics and how it would make a great feature.
- Link to the site
- On your personal site, blog or whatever you have. Not only will you help promote the site directly with your own link, but additional links help with search engine rankings. Admittedly, the current array of Argon Zark! link graphics isn't very strong, but I'll be working on that. Please set all links to: http://www.zark.com
- To those of you who have helped support the site, both now and over the years it's been running, my thanks!
As a thank you, I've created The Zarkive, a password-protected archive of unpublished comics, images and other stuff, open to those who have bought Zark stuff or helped promote the site in some other way. I'll be adding more as time goes on.
Questions or comments? Write me.